It's May 5th, which can mean only one thing... Cinco de Mayo? Pfft! Children's Day? Bah! Happy HikaGo Day, everyone!
Suggested by Hotta Yumi herself and first executed by Aja, HikaGo Day is an opportunity for us to roll around in our feels and remember why we love this series so much.
Five HikaGo events that occurred on or around May 5th:
- In 1829, Kuwabara Torajirou (Hon'inbou Shuusaku) was born (according to the old lunar calendar that was in use during his lifetime)
- In 1999, it was about this time that Akari caught Mitani drawing in the correct answer to the tsumego on the Haze go club's recruitment poster
- In 2000, Hikaru had just been promoted to 16th in insei group 1, barely in time to participate in the Wakajishi tournament
- In 2001, Sai disappeared and Hikaru began his quest to find him again
- In 2002, Hikaru and the rest of Team Japan faced Ko Yeongha and the rest of Team Korea in the Hokuto Cup
Five ways you can celebrate Hikaru no Go:
- Sign up to participate in the epic manga reread that will be going on all through the year!
- Pop in a DVD or pull out your fansubs and rewatch the anime!
- Leave a prompt or a fill on the current kinkmeme!
- Come hang out in the community chatroom!
- Join in with your own set of five below!
How to play:
- Comment on this post with a list topic!
e.g., "Five Reasons Why Ochi Is Better Than Yashiro", "Five Times Shindou Almost Got Waya Arrested", "Five Things That Irritate Ogata The Most", "Five Foods That Kurata 7-dan Absolutely Will Not Eat", "Five Most Epic Butt Shots In The Manga (With Incontrovertible Evidence!)"
- Comment on a topic with your responses!
Don't worry if someone else answered it first; the more, the merrier!
Wanna see what we did in previous years?
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.