( poll )
What is Ficsprint Friday?
- Ficsprint Friday is a reoccurring event hosted in the chatroom where we ficsprint every hour on the hour.
What is a ficsprint?
- A "ficsprint" is when you drop everything--chats, IMs, YouTube videos of cats wearing party hats--and write for a short period of time without interruption, without editing, without researching details on Google, etc. It's meant to generate raw output than you can then edit/finesse at your leisure.
How long will each sprint last?
- Fifteen minutes.
Do I have to do EVERY sprint?
- 'Course not! Sprints are meant to help productivity, not enslave you to the keyboard. You can do as many or as few sprints as you want.
Do I have to write about the theme?
- Nope! The theme is just for fun and to give you a reason to try a certain topic or help stir up ideas if you're running dry. You can also bring your existing WIP!
Do I have to share my wordcount?
- Nope! It can be fun to share numbers and to use your own numbers as a measuring stick for yourself, but you absolutely don't have to share if you don't want to.
Do I have to share my fic?
- Not if you don't want to! But some have found the instant feedback a ficsprint gives to be an excellent motivator to keep working!
Do I have to finish my fic on Friday?
- Not at all! Take your time.
Help! I need some ideas!
- There are a tonne of ideas in our community that are free to a good home! Here's where to find them:
- You can also generate prompts in the chatroom! You can always start a new room if you don't want your prompts to fill up the main room; just type /join room name to create your room!
- Type /prompt character OR duo OR trio to generate a prompt.
- Type /promptkink character OR pairing OR threesome to generate a kinky prompt.